Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PW Links
 Beyond Investigation Forum : PW Links
***Hi Spider******Hi Spider***
Subject Topic: The Whaley House
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Pat EiC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03/November/2004 at 2:23pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Considered to be one of the top haunted places in the U.S. and recognized by the government as being "officially" haunted.

http://whaleyhouse.org/

Pat EiC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 03/November/2004 at 2:27pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Another site with a bit more information concerning the Whaley House.

http://www.hauntedhouses.com/states/ca/house3.htm

RanchoGhost
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 29/March/2008 at 6:22am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Pat,

I was at the Whaley House in February.  We toured Old Towne San Diego.  I spoke to several of the people who work there and they told me there are several locations near the Whaley House in the old town square there that have experienced paranormal activity.  There is some really interesting stuff about the Whaley House on the web.

Later

Pat EiC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04/April/2008 at 1:20pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Hi RanchoGhost,

Can you list a few for us?

Thanks,

Pat

RanchoGhost
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 05/April/2008 at 6:15am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Hi Pat

All this is from memory so if its not totally accurate I apologize.

In the original town square itself, when talking to the dosant at the Whaley House she told me the General Store which I believe is next to a place called Toby's Candles, the merchant in there has experienced an appartion of a cowboy walking through.

Seeley's Stables on the northeast side of town square which has an old play house, reportedly has had people felt like they were being touched by someone or something

There is a shop right next to the Whaley House as I recall and I believe the dosant told me the upstairs of that shop has experienced a ghost.  I recall something about the shop owner's daughter having experienced something up there while working and she didn't feel comfortable being there.  I'll see if I can research that  but its been a couple months and that could be distorted in my mind by this time.

Edited by RanchoGhost on 05/April/2008 at 6:27am

RanchoGhost
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 31/May/2008 at 8:50am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Hey Soallmomerymn why don't you take your spam some place else.

I'm not interested in your product and neither is anyone else who posts here.

Have a nice day

sandiegohaunted

Posted: 02/December/2011 at 8:35pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

The Whaley House is a great historic site in Old Town San Diego. The reports of haunting date back to 1860's. The youngest daughter Lillian Whaley believed the ghost of Yankee Jim (convicted and hung on the property prior) Haunted the Whaley house. It is considered One of the most haunted houses in America. A host of persons who believe they have experienced the haunt first hand, include persons such as Regis Philben. Having lived in San Diego the last 40+ years I personally believe that the Whaley house is not as active of a haunted location as it used to be. The Whaley house was renovated in the last 30 years and much of the activity seems to have diminished, as the work was completed.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

***Hi Spider******Hi Spider***
Printable version Printable version