Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Queen Mary Paranormal Investigation Info & Data
 Beyond Investigation Forum : Queen Mary Paranormal Investigation Info & Data
***Hi Spider******Hi Spider***
Subject Topic: Queen Mary Paranormal Investigation Info
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Pat EiC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08/August/2007 at 8:16pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Come join some of the BIM Team aboard the RMS Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. Every Friday night at midnight is your chance to get your hands on some of the same equipment the team uses in their investigations. Learn how to properly use the equipment, how to determine equipment malfunctions, collection of data, etc…

What to wear:  Comfortable clothes. Cool comfortable clothes in the summer and warmer clothes in the colder months. Tennis shoes, walking shoes, comfortable work boots… Please, NO high heels or open toe shoes or sandals.

What to bring: You may bring anything you can comfortably carry for several hours up and down stairs: Still cameras, tape recorders, digital audio recorders, hand held paranormal investigation equipment as in thermometers, EMF meters, ESD meters, IR motion detectors, compass, notepad and pen, tape measure, flashlights, glow sticks, etc… It is suggested that you bring a bottle of water for the investigation. Please feel free to take all the pictures, and audio recordings you wish but please be courteous to others around you (Don’t point the flash of your camera into anyone’s eyes, please keep your audio reviews confined to the “speak areas”).

What not to bring: As listed above, please do not wear high heeled shoes, open toed shoes or sandals. Do not bring alcohol or drugs as you will not be permitted to participate in the investigation. Do not bring chewing gum or mints (the chewing will be picked up by the audio recorders and mints tend to overwhelm ones sense of smell). Do not bring anything that you cannot comfortably carry up and down stairs for two + hours.

We will be going over the equipment both supplied by the BIM Team and brought by guests. Each area to be investigated will have an area set aside (“speak area”) to ask questions, learn the equipment and hear the reported paranormal activity.

Edited by administrator on 30/July/2008 at 1:23pm
Back to Top View Pat EiC's Profile Search for other posts by Pat EiC Visit Pat EiC's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Pat EiC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08/August/2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

What parts of the ship do we investigate???

There are several areas of the ship that we investigate, they include but are not limited to:

The 1st Class Pool:

The Forward Cargo Hold:

The Engine Room (Door 13):

Cabin B340:

The Bridge:

Infirmary:

The investigation usually involves three of the above locations. Depending on the data being collected, the group may opt to stay in a particular area instead of moving on to other areas.

Jerry

Posted: 13/January/2008 at 9:49am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

By the Infirmary I believe you are refering to the Isolation Room as it is labeled on the QM.  I've been there several times and picked up some good EVPs.  I think the Isolation room might be one of the most active paranormal areas on the QM yet in the ghost fest even I attended in 06 and the darkness radio even I attended this past December, neither of those investigations went there.
Back to Top View Jerry's Profile Search for other posts by Jerry Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Brian
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 16/January/2008 at 3:36pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

At the '06 Ghostfest, one of my groups went to that room, and had a number of reported EVP recordings. In 07, we simply did not have enough time to get there and back in the short time we had.

Brian

Back to Top View Brian's Profile Search for other posts by Brian Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Guests

Posted: 27/January/2008 at 6:21pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Are you guys still doing these investigations wtih the public at the QM?
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Brian
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 31/January/2008 at 12:19pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Yes, they take place every Friday of each month aboard the RMS Queen Mary at midnight.

Edited by administrator on 30/July/2008 at 1:24pm
Back to Top View Brian's Profile Search for other posts by Brian Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Maureen

Posted: 20/February/2008 at 10:24pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

I work aboard the Queen Mary and on the Attractions @ Night Paranormal tours they do not normally go to the Isolaton Ward (Infirmary) or the Bridge. They do however go to the Boiler Room. Depending on private functions or special events the areas that are usually investigated are:

The Hotel Room B340

The 1rst Class Swimming Pool

The Forward Cargo Hold (40 ft. below sea level)

The Engine Room (Door  #13)

The Boiler Room

To make a reservation call 1.562.499.1666

Back to Top View Maureen's Profile Search for other posts by Maureen Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

RanchoGhost
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 29/March/2008 at 6:07am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Maureen

I think the Isolation Room may be the most interesting room on the ship.  I've picked up several good EVPs there.

Also, one Saturday during the day I was in the corridor just forward of the Wedding Chapel on the port side of the ship on the promenade deck and picked up some good EVPs.  The corridor was empty and little to no foot traffic at the time.

RanchoGhost
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 28/May/2008 at 4:25am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

My daughter and I were aboard the Queen Mary on Memorial Day doing a little sight seeing i.e. ghost hunting.  Of course its kind of tough with a ship full of tourists but still its fun.

Later that day my daughter told me that while we were down in the engine room near door 13 and had started up the escalator she felt a slight tug on her hair from behind.  This occurred when we were near the Aft rudder control room.  She said she looked around and saw no one behind her.  She mentioned to my wife that she thought I had pulled her hair then realized that I was in front of her, not behind her.

I asked her why she didn't tell me then but she didn't have an answer for that.  She had no previous knowledge of such happenings taking place aboard ship where others have experienced being poked or tugged on only to see nobody near them.

Edited by RanchoGhost on 28/May/2008 at 4:53am

Rob

Posted: 06/June/2008 at 7:43pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

I was just wondering if anyone submitted any evidence from the May 2nd investigation? 
Back to Top View Rob's Profile Search for other posts by Rob Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Page of 3
  ***Hi Spider******Hi Spider***
Printable version Printable version