Location: United States
At an over 130 year old former funeral home next to the true New Orleans Cities of the Dead, where over 1 million bodies are interred, a paranormal research team has been examining the reported ghostly happenings within the 14,000 square foot mansion and its legends full-time since July of 2007. During this time, the on-site research team has gathered hundreds of stories of paranormal occurrences, collected evidence of anomalous phenomena and captured a substantial amount of EVP’s and photos that have reputedly happened within the buildings massive 3 stories. Over 30 cameras are being employed throughout the facility; some outfitted with infrared and night-vision, and monitor the multi-million dollar property 24/7.
|Posted: 07/July/2009 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
The building has been aptly named The Haunted Mortuary.
In May of 2009, the paranormal research team at the Haunted Mortuary opened its doors to the general public with the goal of becoming the world’s first true ghost investigator training ground. So far we have conducted 4 public ghost investigations and they have far exceeded our expectations and have proven extremely successful. With the aid of no advertising other than word of mouth, our class sizes have exploded exponentially. Our first investigation in May attracted 10 ghost hunters. Our next investigation in June attracted 30. Our investigation just 3 days ago attracted 44. We have already garnered interest from a number of television and radio shows. Already the Discovery Channel has shown interest and is filming at our facility in July. After the Discovery segment hits the airwaves in October, we are sure interest will increase even more. Our eventual goal is to allow 2-3 investigations per week instead of the single public investigation, trying to prove to the world, that ghosts do exist.
During the facility’s short public life, a number of paranormal investigation groups (including such notable names as Everyday Paranormal and Pensacola Paranormal) have visited the site and have come to regard the Haunted Mortuary as one of the most actively haunted sites in America. In June of 2009 the Haunted Mortuary was also used to film a pilot for another paranormal reality show currently being optioned to major networks. During the filming, a wheelchair rolled unaided across the floor for over a foot…and it was caught on tape!
What makes us truly unique as a “ghost-hunter facility,” beyond being a multi-level historic funeral home and without trying to sound like an advertisement, is that the night unfolds with…
1. A basic ghost investigation seminar conducted by our own paranormal research team, where we delve into a number of different investigative styles. We also instruct the groups on correct documentation methods and provide the paperwork and instruction so they may record any and all occurrences. We do not believe there is any ONE way to investigate, believing that until paranormal phenomena is proven as fact, a number of different methodologies should be attempted in order to uncover the possible truth. We encourage variety and experimentation.
2. We then divide the groups into 3 teams which we take to our evidence area, offering full-disclosure concerning our paranormal occurrences, letting our guests make up their own minds. This area includes detailed histories of the building and the ghosts that allegedly haunt the location, reported EVP’s, photos and video. What makes us truly unique is that if someone captures evidence, they are credited with that evidence to future visitors and any related press. A number of paranormal groups have come into the facility and captured evidence that has then been presented to thousands of others! We believe in being a unifying force in the paranormal community. We are sick of groups that try and act as if they have proprietary knowledge of the paranormal world. To truly prove that ghosts exist, we must dispel the “ownership” notion from our thought processes.
3. After the evidence room, it is to the equipment area where we allow our guests to actually rent our own equipment if they think they need it. We offer everything from digital and IR temp gauges to EMF detectors to strobes to thermal cams and everything in between. The cost for equipment is miniscule. EMF detector rental starts at $5!
4. We release the teams into the facility under Lead Investigator advisement. A paranormal Research Assistant takes copious notes. Over 14,000 square feet is available to them to explore, including the old embalming room and crematorium areas.
5. After the investigation (we have 3 hour, 8 hour and overnight options), the information is taken by the Haunted Mortuary Paranormal Research Team and thoroughly analyzed. A week after the event the results are released to the participants and updated on the facility’s MySpace page (www.myspace.com/hauntedmortuary) and will eventually be added to our main website (www.hauntedmortuary.com ).
We are truly a unique facility.
Our shared goal is not easy to attain. We hope to prove to the world that ghosts exist. If we cannot do that, then we at least seek to be a place where ghost hunters of all stripes can come in and investigate in a safe, highly active environment. On investigations we have dozens of reports of full-body manifestations, cold spots, unexplainable EVP and EMF readings, battery drain, tactile experiences, etc. The Haunted Mortuary Paranormal Research Team has even authored an investigation guide concerning the property that is over 108 pages long. We have literally hundreds of witness reports to examine while on the property, and I will be happy to send them to you online as well. There is truly not another project like it in the world.
More information can be gathered by visiting our www.myspace.com/hauntedmortuary page or at www.hauntedmortuary.com