Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Story Submissions
 Beyond Investigation Forum : Story Submissions
***Hi Spider******Hi Spider***
Subject Topic: Rancho Los Amigos Hospital
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Pat EiC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 28/April/2005 at 8:34am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Can you tell me if the place is really haunted and why?Thanks

Hello,
And thank you for your inquiry of the Rancho Los Amigo Hospital located in Downey California.
The BIM Team has not conducted any investigations of this facility, but we have a growing number of people requesting that we do. We have, on the other hand, completed some research of the facility which you may find interesting.
The plans and construction of the hospital began in 1887.
The hospital opened it's doors to serve the public in 1888.
The original name of the hospital was "County Farm".
In 1932, the name was changed to "Rancho Los Amigos".
In that same year, the name was changed again to "Los Amigos Ranchos".
Finally the name was changed again in late 1932, back to "Rancho Los Amigos".
In 1955 the name was changed again to "Rancho Los Amigo Hospital"
In 1984 the name was changed to it's current "Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center".
In the 1880's the L.A. County "Poor" Farm was originally built to help the indigents with medical issues.
Later, the hospital became a center for rehabilitation for chronic diseases.
Strangely enough, the hospitals historical records refers to those receiving medical care as inmates instead of patients and yet I cannot find any record of the hospital being used as a prison medical ward.
There is a very large library of medical research and historical documentation including video, audio, still photo and written interviews conducted at the hospital. Most of which are recorded ailments studied and treated at the hospital. Some of them include interviews with patients as well.
I have yet to find any documented history of paranormal activity at the hospital but due to the growing questions, the BIM Team will be contacting the Administrator/Director of the hospital to investigate further.
Thank you again for your question and interest in Beyond Investigation Magazine.

CATHY

Posted: 04/October/2006 at 4:32pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

ARIAL3BLUE

i VISITED THI HOSPITAL AND MY FRIENDS AND I EXPERIMENTED PARANORMAL ACTIVITY! IT WAS SCARY.
Back to Top View CATHY's Profile Search for other posts by CATHY Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jose

Posted: 26/October/2006 at 11:55am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

I visited the "Hospital" and capture something on tape and a weird noise on my cellphone.

Can you help me out?

contact me at: El_Ceja06@hotmail.com

Back to Top View Jose's Profile Search for other posts by Jose Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

m

Posted: 15/November/2006 at 12:31am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

the new buildings are not considered haunted but the old buildings across the highway are said to be haunted they use to be used as medical buildings but are now abandoned....

Back to Top View m's Profile Search for other posts by m Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

chanel benz

Posted: 13/February/2007 at 10:44pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

i live next to the hospital on the east side and my family is always hearing stuff like moaning and groaning like complaning noises and 2 weeks ago we heard like a riot in the hospital and 1 week ago i found out that there was a riot in there many years ago i do recomened not going in there because theirs some freaky sh*t going on there. please do not record anything because ghost and bad spirits now what your doing and trust me they will follow you home on do something bad.... 

Back to Top View chanel benz's Profile Search for other posts by chanel benz Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dublinpublover

Posted: 08/July/2007 at 6:47pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

can anyone tell me more about Rancho Los Amigos please
Back to Top View dublinpublover's Profile Search for other posts by dublinpublover Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin

Posted: 24/July/2007 at 3:36pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

Hello dublinpublover... So far, the BIM Team has been unable to find any records of a haunting in the hospital. Everything that we have read has been 2nd/3rd hand with no 1st hand witnesses to confirm any of the reported incidences.

Back to Top View administrator's Profile Search for other posts by administrator Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Guests

Posted: 24/July/2007 at 5:59pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

no one can seem to tell me anything about the hospital well about the history
Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jess/Yuri/Luz/Yes

Posted: 05/September/2007 at 8:59am | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

We went and saw a weird alley no one wanted to go in it. It was out of a movie we were the only car there for 2 blocks .There was nothing no where the only thing that we saw was a black cat with a shanning red eye. when we were leaving  we mad a stop right next to some building and saw something past buy real quick and we were just stund. And that was weird. It was scary just being there. We took pictures and cought some orbits on our cameras. We wanna go back but we need a group of poeple who are down to go and walk around.

Back to Top View Jess/Yuri/Luz/Yes's Profile Search for other posts by Jess/Yuri/Luz/Yes Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dublinpublover

Posted: 08/September/2007 at 2:50pm | IP Logged ***Hi Spider***

well if you are down to go back i want to go with you, my husband and i are very into that stuff, and i have gone there a few times and i talk to this girl over there that was admitted there, i have seen her twice, if you want to know more just write back on here and i will tell you more of what she told me
Back to Top View dublinpublover's Profile Search for other posts by dublinpublover Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Page of 6
  ***Hi Spider******Hi Spider***
Printable version Printable version